We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Through our experiences of creating wooden and concrete objects, we had the idea of creating a lamp with these materials that we appreciate so much. So we made a fixed lamp but which gives an impression of movement, all inspired by the old industrial lamps. Today, we are going to teach you how to create a design wooden lamp and concrete lamp.
- a bag of quick-setting mortar or cement - a trowel - a tarpaulin and a container for mixing - enough wooden planks to build the formwork - a wooden plank 50 cm long, 3.5 cm wide and 3.5 cm thick - a wooden board 140 cm long, 3.5 cm wide and 1.5 cm thick - a zinc-plated steel threaded rod 100 cm long and 6 mm in diameter - a drill with a 6 mm diameter wood forest - a saw - a square - pliers - a tape measure - wood screws - a screwdriver - a pencil - a bulb mounted with a wire, a plug and a Budget switch : around 30 € Duration: 2 hours (not including the concrete drying time)
1. Start by cutting all the pieces of wood according to the following dimensions. In the board of 50 x 3.5 x 3.5 cm: - a piece of 24 cm; - a piece of 20 cm; - a 5 cm piece. In the 140 x 3.5 x 1.5 cm sheet: - two 20 cm pieces; - two pieces of 50 cm. On the 24 cm piece, draw a mark 2 cm from the edge on one side. Connect this point to the end, then cut the small triangle with a saw.
2. On the 24 cm piece, drill a hole in the middle of the diagonal cut end. This is the base of the lamp.
3. Insert the steel rod and use the pliers to twist it to create the desired angle.
4. Then twist the rest of the steel rod to create the base that will reinforce the cement.
5. Remove the steel rod and place the pieces of the lamp on a work surface. Position them at the desired angles and screw the pieces. If you are using soft wood such as pine, it is best to add a dot of wood glue.
6. Then add the same pieces on the other side, screw them, then insert the steel rod. Make sure to position the pieces on each side at the same level.
7. Prepare a 14 x 20 cm formwork for the base of the lamp. Also prepare a cover, leaving a space to let the base pass.
8. Prepare the mortar mixture, scrupulously respecting the instructions. Mix well and do not add more water than indicated.
9. Fill the formwork with the mixture. Put the cover on top and put weights on it so that the concrete is well pressed during the drying.
10. When the concrete is completely dry, remove the cover and carefully dismantle the formwork. Lightly sand the foot with a very fine grain if necessary. Depending on the desired final effect, you can apply a layer of varnish to give it a waxed concrete look. Add a light bulb with a colored cable.
Your design lamp in wood and concrete is now finished! For an even more design side, choose a bulb with a pretty colored wire.
Did you like this tutorial? Send us photos of your version of this DIY on our Facebook page, and find other ideas on our Pinterest!