We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The material necessary to make a wall corner shelf
To make a wall corner shelf, you need :
- a wood board 200 cm long, 20 cm wide and 3 cm thick,
- a saw,
- a screwdriver,
- a mass,
- a drill,
- wooden pegs,
- 4 wall mounting rods,
- wood glue,
- wood oil,
- a brush,
- a tape measure,
- a ruler,
- a pencil.
The whole equipment will cost you 50 euros. The time to complete this wall corner shelf is estimated at three hours. Ready? Roll up your sleeves, let's go to the DIY workshop!
The different steps to make a wall corner shelf
1. To start, cut your wood board into four pieces with the following dimensions: a piece of 100 x 20 cm ; a piece of 60 x 20 cm ; two pieces of 20 x 20 cm.
2. On the piece of wooden board measuring 100 x 200 cm, mark a first benchmark on the edge, at 60 cm from the upper right corner, using a measuring tape and a pencil. Mark a second benchmark on the opposite edge, at 40 cm from the lower right corner. Draw a line to connect the two points using a ruler. Then saw this piece of wood following the line drawn with a saw.
On the piece of wooden board measuring 60 x 20 cm, mark a first benchmark on the edge, 40 cm from the upper right corner, using a measuring tape and a pencil. Mark a second benchmark on the edge, at 20 cm from the lower right corner. Draw a line to connect the two points using a ruler. Then saw this piece of wood following the drawn line.
3. Using a brush, apply a layer of wood oil on all pieces of wood, following the instructions on the wood oil container.
4. Assemble the pieces starting with the base. Assemble a large piece (of the wooden board of dimensions 100 x 200 cm) with a small piece (of the wooden board of dimensions 60 x 20 cm) by creating a right angle.
5. At the right angle, on the edges of the two pieces of wood, drill three holes for ankles, at equal distances. Place the pegs. On the back edge of the large piece (of the wooden board measuring 100 x 200 cm), which will be fixed to the wall, drill two holes for the fixing rods, one at 20 cm and another 40 cm.
6. Mark them anchor locations on both ends of the pieces of wood, at equal distances, then drill the holes. Transfer the marks on the two wooden pieces which will be opposite vertically.
7. Repeat the same operations for the upper plate. Assemble all the pieces thanks to the pegs.
8. Prepare the wall that will receive the shelf. Insert them wall mounting rods in the dedicated holes to mark the marks on the wall. Place everything at the desired height and bring the shelf closer to the wall until the screws protruding from the fixing rods touch the wall. The marks left will serve as benchmarks. Drill at the level of landmarks and fix the fixing rods.
Your wall corner shelf is finished ! Looks pretty in your living room, right? You can also make several to superimpose them! It is also possible to paint this corner shelf with paint for wood if you want to have a colorful wall shelf! It is according to your tastes and your decorative desires!